Saturday, May 24, 2008

School's O-U-T!


This is Aaron and Derek's birthday cake. Someone at Zack's party wanted to see what we were talking about.

I don't know if you can tell that well, but the flames are different colors. We found these candles at Wal-Mart, and the cake is from Cold Stone. It was so yummy.

Hayden has been dressing up in Alyssa's old clothes that I am sorting through. He loves dresses and shoes. Don't worry, we'll nip it in the bud before he starts kindergarten. What you don't see is that he is wearing my high heels from when I got married.

We had our last day of school (22nd) and I am proud to say that they are allowing Aaron to go to fifth grade and letting Alyssa go onto fourth! This was the first year that we didn't have to worry about Aaron moving up a grade. The previous years, we had to wonder if he could pull his grades up to move on. This year, his last report card was mostly Bs, we asked what he did, he told us that he tried harder.
Alyssa got mostly Bs but she also slacked off a little. Yep, these are my kids alright! I slacked off when it came to the end of the year, too.
Hayden is ecstatic to have Aaron home all day.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

COOL!!! I've never seen candles that burn with different colors like that! So, another year of school over. Ours gets out after June 5. Are you like me, you're happy that school's out and you get a break from helping with all the homework and book reports and projects, but then you have to come up with things to do with the kids all summer to keep them from just vegging out on tv and computer games?! Summer break is a mixed blessing. I love it and I hate it! Good luck!
--Marisa

Shellee said...

You know, I think of summer as a great time. The kids are home to do more chores which leaves me open to getting more construction/remodeling done. We are ripping off the floorboards today so I can paint them. We bought the new wood floor on Monday and got a SMOKING deal on it.
We do spend most of the summer in the pool and hanging out with friends. They are only allowed 2 hours of TV a day, but I haven't told them that. I just turn the TV off and tell them to go find someone to play with. If there isn't anyone near, then I invite a friend from school over. We do a lot of "kid-swap" where I send Alyssa to the family and they send one kid over to Aaron.
This summer, Aaron wil be spending a week in Joseph City with Julie and her family. They have a farm and so he will learn what they do every morning at the crack of dawn. She will bring two of her girls down for the week as a trade.