Okay Shellee, I saw your quirks on your blog and you "tagged" me, not sure what that means, but I'll just post some of mine here. Maybe I can come up with six.
1. I also get irritated with people who use the English language ignorantly. My biggest pet peeves are "Nucular"--President Bush still hasn't figured out the proper way to pronounce "nuclear" as in nuclear war; and "I could care less" about something. The phrase should be "I couldn't care less" implying that I have reached the limit of how little I could possible care about it. "Irregardless" is another one.
2. When I find a book I enjoy, I like to read as many books by the same author as I can get my hands on. That's why I've read 30-something Anita Stansfield books even though some of her quirks are getting really irritating to me.
3. I love hot bubble baths, even when it's hot in the summer.
4. Lately, I love Webkinz--thanks to my kids. I think they are so cute, and the games online are really fun. Whenever I find a really good sale price on them, I stock up (hey, if I can get one for $8-$10 rather than $15, how could I pass that up?!!) I then let the kids buy them back from me (at the sale price, of course) as they earn and save up their allowance. I even have an account I share with Brooke, since she's too young to play with her pets on the computer.
5. I love organization, but I'm really bad at staying organized day to day. Junk piles appear and multiply like magic at my house. I really feel like I'd be happier in an orderly house where I could find everything when I want to. I guess the chaos has something to do with the five other people I share my space with, but I can't put all the blame on them.
6. I have to sleep with my bedspread "right side up", meaning, the stripes running the length of the bed, not across, and the right edge up by my face rather than the curved decorative edges that go at the foot of the bed. Jon "couldn't care less" which way it goes, so I often have to fix the covers before going to sleep.
So there you have it. I probably have some more, but that's all I can think of right now. Kezhia, would you care to share your quirks?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I too love hot bubble baths, but they are usually because I just got out of the pool.
As for number 6, that is a Mellor thing. I agree with Jon, just be happy you have covers, who cares what way it goes. I call Curt "Mr. OCD" because if the cover aren't JUST SO they wake him up at night and he has to fix them. I have to have my feet uncovered and Curt can't stand it. He's told me that he'll straighten the cover and even when I am dead to the world, I will still kick them to get my feet out.
Haven't tried webkins, not in the budget.
Organization is out, we are putting down new floors and our life is on the front porch. Hope it doesn't rain.
I can't stand Anita Stansfield, sorry. Only read two and didn't like them. I like my books more realistic not wishful fantasy...
Number 1: AMEN!
I want to know what Kezhia's quirks/bothers are too!
(One of which is her annoying brother in law's wife? Could be! HAHAHAHA)
Great post Marisa. I don't think those are quirky -- they seem like normal girl necessities to me! You know a great quirk? Start every day off with chocolate. Yep -- even before breakfast. Ahhhhhhhhh -- YUM.
Tara
P.S. Marisa you've been tagged! (Go see my blog).
Tara
Post a Comment